Thursday 16 November 2006

Clarification

"I need some clarification on the rules here.

What happens to albums (if any) added to your iPod during the challenge? Or are you committed to a new tunes blackout?"

A wise question. Basically I'm not adding anything to my iPod while I'm doing this. I have a 40GB iPod which is about 1Gb short of being full, so I have enough to keep me going. This is more of an extended form of iPod spring-cleaning. There's stuff on there that I've never listened to, stuff I haven't listened to in ages, and I want to know if it's worth keeping or not. It doesn't seem right to make that kind of decision without listening to the music in question, hence the challenge.

However, I'll still be buying/adding other music to iTunes on my computer (and even listening to it in the old-school way, using my steam-powered CD player). I've got reviews to do for keikaku and Tokyo Music so I need to keep buying CDs etc. I think I'd also go insane if I didn't listen to something that I really want to hear. Of course it's my iPod and I chose the majority of the music that's on it but that doesn't mean I don't want to hear anything else. Also, given that it's taken me over a week to listen to 577 of 6822 songs, if I only listened to what's on my iPod I probably wouldn't hear any new music until some time next year.

Anyway, the rules are fluid (i.e. I'm making this up as I go along) but feel free to ask about them.

No comments: