Thursday 23 November 2006

One tenth of the way through

Black Session - Interpol
Blacklisted - Neko Case
Bleed Me White (Double CD single) - Eat
Blonde Redhead - Blonde Redhead
Blue Lines - Massive Attack
Boc Maxima - Boards of Canada
Bootleg - Belle & Sebastian
Boss Hog - Boss Hog
Bossanova - Pixies

Finally some synchronicity between my mood and the music playing: Blue Lines to smooth my way home after a rough day on Tuesday; Boc Maxima yesterday morning to take the edge off my hangover and ease me gently into what was promising to be another rough day; a Belle & Sebastian bootleg that kicked in mid-morning, coincidentally about the same time my brain kicked in and I started to function. Just as I started to flag in the afternoon, the loud and jarring Boss Hog album came along and kicked my arse back into gear, and then finally Black Francis and his troop of jolly little pixies deafened me all the way home. I doubt this run of ideally matched music and mood can continue much longer. Today is a holiday here but I'm working, so I'm not sure if there's any music that can match that mood - perhaps the extreme dissonance of a live Throbbing Gristle album, or Metal Machine Music, but neither of those are on the iPod.

No comments: